Monday 9 March 2015

collective identity


1)  Sections-  who are you?  
This is about creating an identity for yourself and how our ideas on self image are. There is a certain way we are and a difference of how we want to be seen. The way the media informs us about fashion etc. has an influence on how we use it. 
I think therefore I amThis is about how identities were set to an individual according to their class, race, religion..
From citizen to consumer- About the need of having our desires met, advertising has helped people realise what they want.
Rise of the individual- Individualism began which made people want to be unique.
Branding and lifestyle- Branding was a way for people to buy products to match their personalities.
Who will we be?- We as individuals are in control of our public image when it comes to the internet and such.

2) 5 brands associated with me- Apple, Rimmel, Maybelline, River Island and Accessorize. These reflect me as I use something to do with these brands everyday.
3) I do agree to some extent that the media is style over substance as the most popular things in media are to do with style, fashion and fame.
4) Media saturation is constant media surrounding everybody, whether it be TV or online. I agree we do live in a media saturated world but this may not be a bad thing as media is needed in the world as a way of communication and innovation of technology and future developments.
5) My presence on social media is not a true reflection of who I am as I do not use social media often.
6) Data mining is a good idea as it provides consumers with the benefit of being introduced to products they may be interested in. This is not really an invasion of privacy as it is helping the consumer.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment